Teeth Whitening in Brisbane
Teeth whitening is easy, affordable and everywhere. The problem customers now face is simply one of options overload – with choices ranging from cosmetic dental surgery, in-chair laser whitening , to 15 minute sessions at the mall, to DIY kits you can buy online. How do you decide which one is the best? There are a few things to consider before making your selection, the most important of which are probably price and results.
What Does Teeth Whitening in Brisbane Cost?
The price of whiter teeth depends on a couple of variables:
Where the Treatments are Performed –
- Dental Clinic: If you book in with a specialist cosmetic dental practitioner you should be ready to invest anywhere up to $799+ for a single teeth whitening session. Part of this premium price will be reflected in the quality of the product and speed of the procedure. Some of the cost is associated with the fact that you are paying to book an appointment with a trained dental practitioner who in turn has to pay for rent, equipment, staff salaries and other overheads.
- Teeth Whitening Shop/Stall or Beauty Salon: In-chair sessions in these types of locations will cost less as you are not in a dental surgery and you are not usually attended to by a certified dental practitioner. 30-60 minutes treatments in this setting will cost from $99 - $300 or more per session.
- In Your Home Using a Kit Bought from a Dentist: These typically come with a premium because most dentists require that you first book a consultation, if not an in-chair teeth whitening treatment, both of which require an appointment. Many will also require that you pay for custom moulded teeth trays or mouth guards which costs money and takes time – sometimes a few weeks – before you can go back to the dental office and pick up the kit.
- In Your Home Using a Kit Bought Online or from a Shop: If you purchase a DIY teeth whitening kit online or from a shop you are likely to pay the least. The quality of the materials and bleaching product in the kits will vary considerably from brand to brand so it’s important to read reviews, view before and after photos from real users and compare products. The Pearly Whites kits contain the highest legally allowed percentage of carbamide peroxide (CP)* in Australia, the same percentage that the majority of dental surgeries use. Our kits come with mouldable mouthguards / trays and easy to understand instructions on how to mould them to your teeth and how to best use them in order to get the whitest possible smile.
How Quickly You Want Results –
- Dental Clinic: Some in-chair sessions at the dentist or cosmetic dentistry clinic are sold as offering near instant outcomes and they charge accordingly.
- At-Home Kit: When using a DIY kit, whether from Pearly Whites or from your dentist, you should see your smile brightening after the first use but will need 1-4 follow up sessions, spread out over recommended intervals, to achieve the shade of white you are looking for.
Exactly how quickly you see your teeth getting lighter depends not only on the method used but your own natural tooth shade, and the level and type of discolouration.
Remember that all teeth whitening, regardless of cost, requires maintenance both in terms of good daily brushing, regular dental hygienist visits, routine dental health care and checkups, as well as maintenance whitening sessions. A Pearly Whites kit will provide you with 8-15 treatments, enough for up to a year of beautiful white smiles. An in-chair treatment will usually cost more than one of our kits and still require regular maintenance with either a take away kit or further in-chair treatments.
Here we take a look at some of the pricing and reported outcomes for teeth whitening in Brisbane.
Pearly Whites In-Home Teeth Whitening KitsAvailability in Brisbane: The full range of Pearly Whites DIY kits, strips and pens are available with FREE delivery throughout Brisbane CBD, its suburbs and anywhere in Queensland. We offer secure online purchasing through our website and are more than happy to discuss your questions, requirements or any dental health concerns before, during or after your purchase via live chat, email, Facebook or Instagram.
Our cosmetic dental products are consistently rated highly by customers due to the professional level ingredients. The whitening gel we use contains the highest legally allowed percentage of CP* in Australia – the legal limit applies to both DIY kits and in chair treatments at the dentist.*CP stands for Carbamide Peroxide which breaks down into the active ingredient in the vast majority of teeth whitening products: HP or hydrogen peroxide. This is the key ingredient in both in-office and DIY products, though it is often offered in stronger concentrations at a dentist’s office than it it is most take away kits. The gels in the Pearly Whites kits, however, contain 18% Carbamide Peroxide which is the legal limit in Australia.
Pearly Whites kits include a powerful LED light to accelerate the whitening process.
Pearly Whites now offers free delivery to all areas of Brisbane and throughout Queensland.
- Price: Prices vary from $50 to $150
- Convenience: (done at home, free delivery)
- Quality: Dental Grade ingredients
- What people say: Pearly Whites was voted Australia’s most popular home teeth whitening brand in 2016.
Check for special pricing
Note that the following information about dental service providers in Brisbane is provided with no charge or commission, and they are not affiliated with this website.
Brisbane Smile Centre: General and Cosmetic Dentistry
Offering a broad range of dental treatment and procedures, Brisbane Smile Centre has a strong cosmetic dentistry team led by Dr Cassimatis. In addition to several teeth whitening treatment options, the 30+ year old Smile Centre also provides other dental health care and cosmetic procedures such as tooth bonding, porcelain veneers, crowns, bridges and implants. Their teeth whitening options include Zoom, take away kits, porcelain veneers and OTC products.
They cater for nervous patients, aiming to take the stress out of dental care by offering a relaxed, welcoming environment. They accept all health funds and take appointments from 7am to 7pm Monday through Friday and are also open on Saturdays.
Brisbane Smile Centre
457 Old Cleveland Rd
Camp Hill, QLD 4152
(07) 3395 3133
- Price: Price on Application (call 07 3395 3133 for a quote)
- Convenience: (At least one in-office Zoom session is required, after which they provide take away kits. Open 6 days a week, 7am - 7pm on weekdays with onsite parking)
- Quality: (excellent results, professional treatments)
- What people say: generally favourable reviews on Google Local, Facebook, Truelocal and HealthEngine
- Contact: 07 3395 3133
- Address: 457 Old Cleveland Rd, Camp Hill, QLD 4152, Australia
Smile Artistry: In-office Treatments
Smile Artistry is a family owned cosmetic dental clinic that has been operating since 1958. This cosmetic dentistry offers dental implants, preventative and restorative dentistry, invisible braces, fissure seals, teeth whitening treatments and more.
The teeth whitening method they use is the Phillips Zoom LED Whitespeed Teeth Whitening system, which involves a light-activated peroxide-based whitening gel that is applied to the teeth. A patient undergoing a single $799 in-surgery treatment at this clinic will also receive a take away kit to help maintain their whiter smile. Smile Artistry also offer the option to purchase only the take away teeth whitening kit for $499.
Level One, 31 Sherwood Road,
Toowong, Brisbane, QLD
(07) 3870 3344
- Price: $799 for an In-Chair Zoom appointment and the Take Away Kit
- Convenience: (central location next to Toowong Village with onsite parking)
- Quality: (excellent patient outcomes, professional treatments)
- What people say: 4 on Facebook, 5 on Google Local, 5 on TrueLocal https://www.truelocal.com.au/business/smile-artistry/toowong
- Contact: 07 3870 3344
- Address: Level One, 31 Sherwood Road, Toowong, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Face Value Dental: In-Chair Zoom! Treatment
Face Value Dental is a dental surgery that offers general dental health care as well as cosmetic & restorative dentistry services. They are open 6 days a week with extended hours from Monday to Thursday (8am to 8pm) and Saturday appointments.
To correct aesthetic dental concerns that a patient might have, Face Value Dental provides a range of cosmetic dentistry procedures including porcelain veneers, invisalign, dental crowns and bridges, white fillings, dental implants, bonding and, of course, teeth whitening.
The method of teeth whitening they use is the Zoom system which requires an in-surgery appointment and takes a little more than an hour. At $699 it's a comparatively expensive service but they claim to achieve excellent outcomes for most of their patients while noting that it may not be suitable for everyone.
Face Value Dental
11/138 Albert St,
Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
(07) 3221 0677
- Price: $699 for one Zoom in-surgery session plus take away kit
- Convenience: (they require a patient to have an examination first and then at least one in-office appointment. Their clinic hours offer the convenience of early morning, after work and Saturday appointment options.)
- Quality: (excellent results, professional treatments)
- What people say: Currently rated 4-5 on Google Local, Facebook and HealthEngine https://healthengine.com.au/dentist/qld/brisbane/face-value-dental-albert-st-cbd/s44669
- Contact: 07 3221 0677
- Address: 11/138 Albert St, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
Pluses and Minuses of In Office Dental Bleaching
- Plus – If you are very concerned about sensitivity or are unsure about the teeth whitening procedure, an in-chair appointment gives you the peace of mind that you are overseen by a dental professional.
- Plus – Some in-chair procedures claim to achieve outcomes faster than DIY products. This, of course, largely comes down to the amount of active ingredients in the product and how well it remains in contact with the teeth during the procedure. The Pearly Whites kits use the same amount of CP that is used by Australian dentists so our customers often report like for like results with what they achieved previously at the dentist.
- Minus – A single in-office session can cost several times more than an entire home teeth whitening kit (that contains enough product for multiple uses).
Pluses and Minuses of Using Cosmetic Whitening Products at Home
Opting to lighten your teeth in the comfort of your own home brings with it some terrific benefits:
- Plus—Your smile will get a huge boost and you can begin whitening your teeth as soon as you want, at any time of day or night – even while watching TV in your pyjamas if you feel so inclined.
- Plus—DIY kits are incredibly economical. If you intend to whiten your teeth at home you have a wide range of options and price points to choose from. The Pearly Whites range alone offers three kits that cater to different budgets and customer requirements.
- Plus – Home teeth whitening kits are one of the easiest DIY cosmetic treatments. Most kits include detailed instructions, some with illustrations. The Pearly Whites website even has a video tutorial if you aren’t able to figure out how to use the kits from the written directions.
- Minus – If you have very stained teeth that are a dark grey, brown or black colour you might not achieve the dazzling white smile you’re hoping for with home teeth whitening kits. People who suffer from very discoloured teeth due to smoking, sickness, a dental injury or other cause may find it advantageous to talk to a cosmetic dentistry professional to find out what options exist beyond dental bleaching.