You might think there are only a few ways to get whiter teeth. That couldn’t be further from the truth! There are actually many different ways to get your teeth stunningly white. All of the different options have their benefits, and each one comes at a different price point. Read on to find the best whitening techniques to match your budget and dental care routine.
1. Use a Whitening Toothpaste – This is one of the easiest ways to whiten your teeth because it involves something you do every day, brushing your teeth. Your local pharmacy will have several different toothpaste options that include whiteners. The strength of the whitening agent will vary among brands, and you may not see the bright results you are looking for. Still, it’s a great and cost effective way to include a little extra whitening in your everyday routine.
2. Avoid Certain Foods – as much as certain foods might seem harmless; they can still do damage. Foods like curry and balsamic vinegar have deep pigments that tend to cling to teeth. If you eat enough of them (even a combination of several different staining foods) you will notice your teeth start to dull or yellow. Eat these foods in moderation to ensure your teeth stay bright.
3. Skip Drinks that Stain – it might be a bit of a downer, but some popular drinks can make your teeth look stained or dull. Things like coffee, red wine, and dark tea can discolour your teeth over time. If you simply can’t give up any (or all) of these beverages, then you can opt to use a straw so they don’t stain your pearly whites.
4. Quit Smoking – tobacco is a huge cause of discoloured teeth. Smoking causes staining, yellowing, and even brown teeth in some cases. Not to mention the damage it does to your mouth and gums. Even if you only stop purely for vanity reasons, quit smoking now. It’ll help you get whiter and healthier teeth.
5. Try a Whitening Rinse – mouthwash is a great way to freshen your breath, but did you know it can also whiten your teeth? Certain mouthwashes on the market also have great whitening boosters in them as well. Get fresher breath and whiter teeth all in just a few swishes of the rinse.
Image: thaidental.com6. See Your Dentist – The secret to whiter teeth might just be a dentist visit away. Lots of dentists are able to provide professional whitening treatments in their offices. Check with your regular dentist to see if this is something they can do for you. Typically, you will just need one professional whitening session to see brilliant, white teeth.
There you have it – ten great ways to whiten your teeth! We are sure you can work one of those (or a combination of a few) into your daily life. Remember, checking with your dentist is a great way to kick off any new whitening routine. They will help you figure out if your teeth are healthy enough for whitening products, and give you great advice on products they would recommend.